google-site-verification: google935433b691795853.html KRISTY BERRIDGE: TV vs Movies

Saturday 7 July 2012

TV vs Movies

TV vs Movies. Simple right? Naturally it has to be the movies - large screen, confectionery, and stupid-ass teenagers you can peg in the back of the head with Jaffers. There's also the long lines, toilet stalls with pee on the floor, and the dickhead behind you that won't switch off his mobile phone. Hmmm, perhaps the movies aren't all they're cracked up to be?
You see, this blog came about today because my friends and I often pay twenty dollars a pop to have these above mentioned experiences. Then naturally, we have a chat about what we've seen, what's to come, what we liked, and who we can sue for making us watch the drivel just played out on screen. But then it occurred to me that recently I've been hibernating, digging my backside into the plush cushions of my sofa and settling in for a good night of TV viewing vs going to the movies.


I mean really, what have we had to look forward to recently? Another Pixar film starring a chick with crazy hair. Ooh, wait, there's like, what, the tenth bloody Batman movie to scoff at, and for some reason, Spiderman keeps coming back to bite everyone in the ass. Did I mention that we've obviously run out of ideas so we're remaking fairy tales?
Sarcasm aside, I've decided that a night at the movies is a waste of your over-priced popcorn and partially melted milk-duds, especially in light of the fact that there are so many fantastic shows on at the moment. Sure, they might not be everyone's cup of tea, but at least there's a story line, a complexity of characters, and at least one heart throb you wish you could throw up against a wall and ... yeah ...
So, what's rocking my TV viewing lately?
1. True Blood - You just can't go past a show overflowing with vampires, werewolves, witches and a crazy amount of unnecessary sex and exploding bodies.
2. The Walking Dead - The zombie apocalypse. Need I say more? Yokels with shotguns and lots and lots of cannabalism!
3. Falling Skies - Science fiction at it's best and we know it's going to rock because it's full of spider aliens and Lego robots. Did I mention directed by Steven Spielberg?
4. Game of Thrones - Medieval magic! Oh, and it's littered with a hefty amount of sex, violence, incest and a whole lot of sword play?
Needless to say, TV is rocking my world at the moment. Let me know if you feel the same way, or better yet, that you've found another great show to sink your teeth into, or a movie worth peeling myself off the couch for.
Have a good one,

Kristy :)

2 comments:

  1. Remaking fairy tales...? You mean like Mirror Mirror? My wife made me watch that recently but I really thought it was cute. Is that wrong? *grins* I don't watch a lot of television these days. I'm usually plugged into my laptop in another room, although I am currently blogging and watching baseball at the moment. I had to figure out how to watch my team and be productive at the same time.
    I haven't heard from you in a while. I hope things are good with you and yours.

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Walking Dead! In fact, just spent the past two days watching a marathon of it on tv. Also love True Blood, although since I don't have HBO I'll have to wait til next year to see the current season on dvd.
    I still do love a good movie-going experience though. For example, nothing quite tops seeing Colin Farrell in all his glory on a giant screen! (saw the Fright Night remake last year....yes, yes, a remake, but a good one). And some movies, like The Avengers, just play better on a big screen in my opinion. I guess I just love both movies & tv!

    ReplyDelete

Yes! I absolutely love your comments, and, now that I have read through the blogger instructions and actually know how to answer them, we are all sweet - so please, write!