google-site-verification: google935433b691795853.html KRISTY BERRIDGE: Follow Friday #36

Friday 6 July 2012

Follow Friday #36



Happy Friday everyone!
Yes, it’s that time of week again where bloggers unite to participate in the Follow Friday venture. The idea behind #FF is to promote traffic to your own blog, make new friends with other like-minded bloggers and discuss new and interesting topics each week.
Participating is simple. First you need to follow my blog because I’m totally awesome, then you can follow me on Twitter @kristyberridge (actually you don’t have to do this, it’s wishful thinking), but do follow my blog or assassins will get you …
Then you must follow our illustrious hosts Rachel of http://www.parajunkee.com/ and Alison of http://www.alisoncanread.com/ If you want more details on how to enter your own blog in the follow and hop, all directions are on their webpages
Now, once you’ve followed, check out my answer to this week’s questions and don’t forget to leave a comment so I can do the right thing and follow you back!

This week's question: Jumping genres: Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don't like and loved it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.

My answer: Ooh, this is a fantastic question because litterally just finished reading two books that I would never ordinarily pick up. One of them is a Chick-Lit story called 'The Seven Steps to Closure' by Donna Joy Usher which I have recently reviewed here. And the other was Fifty Shades of Grey which I also strangely enjoyed. I will have a review of that one posted early next week.
So why did I pick them up? Well, I don't actually have great reasons. I was reccommended The Seven Steps to Closure and I thought, give it a go, and with Fifty Shades of Grey I wanted to see what all the bloody fuss was about. 
It clearly just goes to show that sometimes it's a good idea to step outside of your comfort zone and try something new. You never can tell when something fabulous is going to jump out at you from the page!


Happy Friday!


Kristy :)

11 comments:

  1. Hopping through. I agree it's good to step out of your comfort zone. I want to read 50 Shades.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sis in law keeps insisting I read it. She says I know you will love it. I am going to have to get them I think.

    MyFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ppl keep trying to get me to read the 50 books. I havent yet bc I'm kind of holding out and I dont have the time, i'm behind. I'm glad you stepped out of your zone and enjoyed them.

    New follower via linky

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of that one!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old follower :) That's exactly the same reason why I read Fifty Shades of Grey!
    Alexia - Here is My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya! Thanks for the follow, right back at ya!
    I really want to know what all the fuss is about, too. I've heard good and bad reports, so I'm eager to pick up 5o Shades and see for myself. I've just had a little poke around your blog and I love it! You're one funny lady! I've decided we're going to be BFF's and no, you don't get a say in the matter! ;)
    Thanks for stopping by My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read both the books.

    I do like chick-lit. Sophie Kinsella is my favorite author in this genre.

    I bought 50 shades some time back. Haven't started it yet.
    New Follower!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read fifty shades and loved it! It's not usually my kind of book to read but I'm glad I gave it a shot. New follower! My FF: World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my page. Following back. Oh 50! :-)
    -Jenese
    www.readersconfession.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wrote a rant on the Fifty Shades of Grey!

    I'm a new follower via GFC.

    Hope you'll swing by my blog, Ensconced in YA!
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, it's fun to venture outside your comfort zone sometimes! Although I probably won't be jumping on the 50 Shades bandwagon any time soon ;-)

    Thanks for stopping by my FF! New follower via GFC.

    ReplyDelete

Yes! I absolutely love your comments, and, now that I have read through the blogger instructions and actually know how to answer them, we are all sweet - so please, write!