google-site-verification: google935433b691795853.html KRISTY BERRIDGE: What Follow Friday #2

Saturday 2 June 2012

What Follow Friday #2

Okay, I'm starting to suck at following through.
About two weeks ago I blitzed the ever popular meme "Follow Friday" through Parajunkee and Alison Can read's blog sites. Then, it was due to a girls night out where we sung badly, I watched other people get smashed, and then I snuck off home to bed before the clock struck twelve.
This week it was in celebration of my dad's birthday. While you were all undoubtedly discussing your favourite books (The Hunted Series), or raining praise upon the most influential author of our time (Kristy Berridge, aka: me), I was out eating.
Yes, please ignore my latest post Warring with my waistline Part 3. Although I am deeply committed to maintaining my gym membership and exploring healthy food options in the quest to assassinate my thighs, I was in fact eating myself into a food coma.
Pan seared Barramundi fillet, Jasmine rice, succulent greens, and hollandaise sauce. Yes, I spread them all over my lips, chewed vigorously and swallowed like I was doing Gandhi a favour.
Did I mention the sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce and ice cream? No? Probably best that I don't. As it is, I set myself back a full day at the gym and my husband has had to put a forklift on standby in case I can't roll myself to work on Monday.
Wait *looks up timidly* do you guys hear that?
It's an air raid siren. It seems that my thighs have already launched a counter attack. I apologise. I must run - literally.
Happy Birthday dad, you are the greatest.

Kristy :)

2 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you and I both need to get back to work! I only exercised once this past week due to the craziness that was both my sons graduating this graduation season. Next week should see things getting back to normal. My 14 year old will be on break for the week until summer school begins. My oldest graduates this coming Thursday, but all of the year-end event stuff has come and gone. We had a party Saturday night for both of them and we're still getting things cleaned up and put away. *sigh*
    Alright, Kristy, *holds out hand* Let's go!

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all true - Dad

    ReplyDelete

Yes! I absolutely love your comments, and, now that I have read through the blogger instructions and actually know how to answer them, we are all sweet - so please, write!